Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG?: repeat items disappears in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG?: repeat items disappears in agenda
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:42:40 +0100

Please post your code, you can always do this, the copyright question
only star when we decide to use it. And even then, 4 lines is very little.

- Carsten

On Jan 18, 2008, at 10:24 PM, Dennis J Lin wrote:

Salutations!

Please note that I'm sending this from gnus talking to gmane, and this
is the first time that I've tried posting anything to gmane (or using
gnus), so apologies if the electrons don't exactly align.

Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:

repeat TODO items has changed. Seems it did not. I am not sure whether
this is considered a bug, but in short the symptom is this:

Suppose I have a repeat task:

* TODO [#A] A repeat task test
SCHEDULED: <2008-01-15 Tue +1w>

And today is Friday, Jan 18. The task will show in my agenda for
today. But, if I change the above task to:

* TODO [#A] A repeat task test
SCHEDULED: <2008-01-14 Mon +1w>

It will disappear from my agenda for today. But it still shows up in
my agenda for Monday, Jan 14, and Monday, Jan 21. It seems to me that
once today's date is closer to the next occurrence of a repeat item
than the overdue one, the item will disappear.

I've noticed this, and I've actually been carrying a personal patch
for this -- (yes, there is a TODO entry to write it up an send it in,
which is why I'm writing this...)

Basically, in org-agenda-get-scheduled, we call
org-time-string-to-absolute passing in d1 (the day that we're trying
to get agenda items for.)  The problems is that if d1 is today, we
will get the closest day, which may be in the future, leading to the
problem.  The patch that I've found was to not pass in d1 if todayp is
true.

I have a 4 line patch implementing this (and I probably should write
another one to fix a similar problem with deadlines), but I've not
signed a FSF release, so I don't know if you want me to post my code
here.

Dennis Lin