Re: [Orgmode] BUG: column view in agenda -- marker does not point anywhe

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] BUG: column view in agenda -- marker does not point anywhere
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:56:17 +0100

So far I cannot reproduce this problem. One helpful thing would be to post
a full backtrace, made with uncompiled org.el that will tell me exactly
which function tries to use an undefined marker.

BTW, I guess your file starts with an empty line, to get column view for the entire file? Or do you call it in one of those headlines? If yes why do yoou need "down to get to the task?

- Carsten

On Jan 20, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Hi Carsten,

It seems today is bug reporting day :)

,----[ minimal.emacs ]

`----

,----[ test.org ]
| * one
|   SCHEDULED: <2008-01-20 Sun>
| * two
|   SCHEDULED: <2008-01-19 Sat>
| * three
|   SCHEDULED: <2008-01-17 Thu>
| *** TODO One Two Three
`----

| Keystroke     | Notes                           |
|---------------+---------------------------------|
| C-c C-x C-c   | Enter column view in the agenda |
| down arrow    | to task                         |
| right arrow   | to Estimated Effort field       |
| S-right arrow | to set the value                |
|---------------+---------------------------------|

Each time I set the value I get the error:

org-columns-update: Marker does not point anywhere

but it does work and update the task property so it's not harming
anything in org-mode data that I can see - it just beeps and displays
the message which is confusing.

This also breaks C-x ( macros which I use alot when repeating the same
actions on multiple tasks. When the error displays the macro recording
terminates which is a little inconvenient.

With the cursor on a task in the agenda

| Keystroke     | Notes                             |
| C-x (         | Start macro recording             |
| right arrow   | to Estimated Effort field         |
| S-right arrow | to set the value (displays error) |
| C-x )         | to stop recording                 |

This issues the error

kmacro-end-macro: Not defining kbd macro

Regards,
Bernt