[Orgmode] displaying outline path in agenda

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] displaying outline path in agenda
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:40:43 -0500

Hi!

Apologies for the rash of posts.  Hopefully some of these will be
useful, if only by chance :)

I recently wrote about a way for recording an event that only repeats a
few times, using something like

* Standing Appointments
** TODO Swing III
*** Week 1
    <2008-01-21 Mon 19:30-21:30>
*** Week 2
    <2008-01-28 Mon 19:30-21:30>
*** Week 3
    <2008-02-04 Mon 19:30-21:30>

One problem with this approach is that the agenda entry is not
especially informative-- simply "Week 1".  I'd like to edit the function
that generates the agenda entries from active timestamps to include the
option of using new outline path notation.  In this case, the agenda
would read "Standing Appointments/Swing III/Week 1".

I've already identified org-get-outline-path and org-format-agenda-line
as functions that might be relevant, but it seems to me that
org-format-agenda-line comes in to late in the process.  What I really
want is to replace use the outline path as the txt argument to
org-format-agenda-line.  Can anyone point me towards the part of the
org.el source I should be looking at for adding this functionality?

Thanks,
/au

--
Austin Frank