[Orgmode] clocking in and out in remember buffers - seems to be buggy

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] clocking in and out in remember buffers - seems to be buggy
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:04:28 +0100

I use to clock in a task when beginning to write in a remember buffer.
For example when receive a phone call from a customer I pop up a remember template and the first thing I do is to start the clock.

- it would be very nice to have a way to do this automatically, maybe a certain variable ...

After writing down notes and doing some stuff, documenting further in the clocked in remember buffer, I finally want to save and close the remember template.
After for example "C-u C-c C-c" I am asked if I want to clock out...

Answering "yes" I get "Clock start time is gone" and I am back in the remember buffer.

Answering "no" the template is saved, the emacs status bar shows the clock is running but trying to jump to the active clock with org-goto-clocked-in-entry I get "No active clock". That seems to be a bug or else I assume clocking in while being in a remember buffer was never intended to be a feature?

Is there someone out there using the clock in the remember buffer?

By the way, the remember templates are an awesome mechanism and I try to create more and more "rich" templates for different reoccuring tasks - having then mostly only to choose between the predefined alternatives!

rainer