Re: [Orgmode] Re: FR: multiple or repeating active timestamps in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: FR: multiple or repeating active timestamps in agenda
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:49:56 +0100

On Jan 22, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Austin Frank wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22 2008, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Austin,

I'd like to be able to mark it as done every week, without needing it to be SCHEDULED or have a DEADLINE. Currently, the first time I mark
it as done, all past and future repetitions are also marked as done.

What is the purpose of marking it done? It is not going to be on your
agenda after that day, if you have notes for the meeting you can just
add them.  So I don't really see the use of this.

The point of marking it done is mostly to have a record of having
completed it.  I'm trying to use org to generate reports of what I get
done each week, and attending recurring meetings and courses is a large
portion of the stuff I have to do.  I'd like a way to include these
recurring events in the list of things I've accomplished.

I could create a new task for each instance of the event, but a) I worry I would forget, and b) that gets to be a hassle when it's something that
happens two or three times a week over several months.

Given that we can't combine repetition intervals with date ranges (or
can we?),

No, we cannot.

Understandable, for exactly the reasons you mention below.

I do now think that I can allow repeater appointments to interact
with the TODO state as you proposed.  So lets try this in 5.20.

Still no end date for repeating appointments, sorry.

- Carsten