[Orgmode] Re: CATEGORY in different levels

From: Jost Burkardt
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: CATEGORY in different levels
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:15:00 +0100

Hi Sven,

Sorry to correct you, but the result is correct. As Carsten said:

The :CATEGORY: property applies to the entry headline _above_ it, and to
the entire tree below it

So in your example

>> * Teaching
>>  :PROPERTIES:
>>  :CATEGORY: Teaching
>>  :END:
>> ** Sanskrit I (WS08)                        :PROJECT:
>>   :PROPERTIES:
>>   :CATEGORY: Sanscrit I
>>   :END:

the ":CATEGORY: Sanscrit I" applies to the entry _above_, i.e.

** Sanskrit I (WS08)

and  the  ":CATEGORY: Teaching" is overridden. The TODO
entries in your file are _below_  ":CATEGORY: Sanscrit I"
so they will show up fine.

Think of the PROPERTIES as an attribute of the entry above.

--
 Jost