Re: [Orgmode] Logging state change with timestamp, but without note

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Logging state change with timestamp, but without note
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:43:48 +0000

> I am not sure this i a complete enough solution.  If I understand Wanrong
> correctly,
> I think he wants to be able to define the specific states that should
> record a time.

Yes, my patch was just doing part of the job.  I wanted to check whether
such a workaround would be hard to implement.

> So I guess a complete solution would be to introduce a character like "!",
> similar to the "@" we are already using to denote taking a note.   So
>
> #+TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w@) | DELEGATED DONE CANCELED(c!)
>
> would record a note when switching to WAITING, and only a time when
> switching to CANCELED.

Indeed.

Do you want me to work on this?

BTW I think letting "%!" in `org-log-note-headings' would still be
useful.

For example, if someone uses "#+STARTUP: lognotedone", then any switch
to a DONE state will require a note, no matter whether there is a "@"
cookie appended at the end of the DONE state or not.  In this case, I
guess some people would find it useful to put "%!" in the 'done cell of
`org-log-note-headings'.

What do you think?  Would that be too much or a bit redundant?

--
Bastien