Re: [Orgmode] Logging state change with timestamp, but without note

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Logging state change with timestamp, but without note
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:19:39 +0100

On Feb 14, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Wanrong Lin wrote:

Hi, Carsten and Bastien,

Thanks a lot for putting a lot of thought on this. I always get more than I asked for here, which is rare in life. :-)

Just one more question though: Are we going to make the "CANCELED(c!)" notation also a global option (vs per-file option) when we define the TODO states in .emacs? I almost never use per- file options (except for exporting) as I want to stick to one simple set-up everywhere.

Yes, obviously.

- Carsten

Thank you.

Wanrong

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Bastien,

I am not sure this i a complete enough solution. If I understand Wanrong correctly, I think he wants to be able to define the specific states that should record a time.

So I guess a complete solution would be to introduce a character like "!", similar to the "@" we are already using to denote taking a note. So

#+TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w@) | DELEGATED DONE CANCELED(c!)

would record a note when switching to WAITING, and only a time when switching to CANCELED.

- Carsten