[Orgmode] html: handling new lines

From: lanas
Subject: [Orgmode] html: handling new lines
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:06:14 -0500

Hello,

  Is it possible for orgmode to observe the actual newlines inserted
into the org file when exporting to html ?  By this I mean:

 - [ ] First item
 - [ ] Second item

   NOTES on the second item

 - [ ] Third item

  The 'NOTES' line, in the html version, will not have an empty line
between it and the above list item.  This could be done:

 - [ ] First item
 - [ ] Second item
@<p>
   NOTES on the second item

  But then the 'NOTES' will begin at the first column, without any
leading spaces, which is not as nice.

  If there's an option or a way to preserve empty lines and leading
spaces in the html version of a document, please let me know.

Cheers,

Al