[Orgmode] Re: auto-fill bug

From: Jonathan Moore
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: auto-fill bug
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:32:00 +0000 (UTC)

Adam Spiers <orgmode <at> adamspiers.org> writes:

> Carsten Dominik (dominik <at> science.uva.nl) wrote:
> > Probably you have set the value of comment-start to "#" somewhere in
> > your customization?  There is something wring with the line wrapping
> > in combination with this setting, I have not yet understood what.
> > So for now, leave comment-start alone.
>
> Actually it's set to "> ", which is even more puzzling ... :-/

You'll have problems if comment-start is set as a global variable in some other
mode.  If so, edit the other mode to make it a local variable before setting it.

Otherwise org's auto-filling will try to work with the comment syntax, even if
you don't set comment-start in it (there is also a call to modify-syntax-entry)

Regards
Jon