[Orgmode] Re: problems cloning the org mode git repo

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: problems cloning the org mode git repo
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:12:19 +0100

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:09:48 -0400
Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> One thing you can try is to verify you can connect to the git port on
> the remote server.  The remote port is 9418 so as long as this outbound
> port is not blocked you should get a quick response with Connected to
> rover4.or.cz.
>
> address@hidden:~/org$ telnet git.or.cz 9418
> Trying 62.24.64.27...
> Connected to rover4.or.cz.
> Escape character is '^]'.

and exactly here it hangs for me :-(
address@hidden:~> telnet 62.24.64.27 9418
Trying 62.24.64.27...
Connected to 62.24.64.27.
Escape character is '^]'.

That works, but git simply does not work for me.
(did before, so no firewall issue)
git clone git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
Initialized empty Git repository
in /home/steuer/Softtest/GIT-extern/org-mode/.git/

I did a very long wait, no timeout, nothing happened.

detlef