Re: [Orgmode] todo items and email

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] todo items and email
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:36:39 +0100

Hi Richard

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone any pointers on the best approach to having something like an
> automated email from the org system (probably via cron) which emails the
> agenda and/or tasks tagged as "emailstatus" or similar on a
> daily/hourly/whatever basis?

Formerly, I used a cronjob executing this shellscript every morning at
7:00.

#!bin/bash
emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs.nosrv -eval '(org-batch-agenda "a" org-agenda-ndays 7
org-agenda-include-diary nil org-agenda-files (quote
("~/aktuell/myconf/mygtd.org")))' | mail -s 'Todo-Liste und Kalender'
address@hidden

> If my request seems a bit vague it's because it is : I'm interested in
> what other people do with org for remote reminders etc. I'm already
> looking into cron publishing the agenda to my web site for example.

Nowadays, I simply use CVS to keep control over my org files. Updating
them is the first task when I start to work on or leave one of my
computers (home, office, mobile).

Greetings

Sven