[Orgmode] FR: Two column view enhancements

From: Daniel J. Sinder
Subject: [Orgmode] FR: Two column view enhancements
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:30:31 -0700

Two feature requests to make column view a little more polished:

First, it would be nice if hl-line-mode, or something like it, worked in column view. If I've got my emacs frame filling my physical screen and %ITEM in the left-most column, sometimes my eyes need help with properties in the right-most column to see which item they are paired with.

Second, sometimes my property values are too long to fit in the column width I've allocated (e.g., %20NOTE). I was thinking it would be great if the entire value could be placed in the echo area of emacs when I move the cursor into a "cell"?

As always, thanks to Carsten, and the growing list of contributors, for org-mode.

Dan