[Orgmode] Bug? Link to network file/dir does not work

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug? Link to network file/dir does not work
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:55:47 -0400

Hi,

On my Windows machine, I tried to access a link like this from my org file:

file://host/dir/file_name

It does not work. The error message says:
"ShellExecute failed: The system cannot find the file specified.^M"
(Note the "^M" at the end)

I also tried the back slash version:
file:\\host\dir\file_name

Same result.

On a Linux machine, the above does not work either, but the behavior is different. Emacs will just create a buffer with a path "/host/dir/file_name" on the local machine.

I am using Org 5.23a on Emacs 22.2 (just upgraded :-))

Thanks for looking into this.

Wanrong