RE: [Orgmode] Org-mode and taskpaper

From: Egli Christian (KIRO 433)
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Org-mode and taskpaper
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:18:21 +0200

> the recent discussion about Taskpaper in the thread started
> by Clint Laskowski has made me realize how much we have lost
> out way with Org-mode.  Org-mode was once a compact and
> easy tool just like taskpaper.  In fact, looking at the
> features of taskpaper, one might think that they had an older
> version of Org-mode as model and goal of their development.

Hm, reading all the answers to this aprils fools gets me a bit worried.
Nobody seems to see the joke and everybody seems to agree that org-mode
is too bloated.

The good thing is that all those features do not get in your way and you
can start using org-mode as a simple outliner and gradualy move up to
use it for task management, notes taking, website publishing, etc to
finally reach eternal bliss when your entire live is one with org-mode.

Ha, I for one need more features in org-mode. I have M-x
org-organize-my-live implemented in my secret git branch. Unfortunatelly
I'm still waiting for my employer disclaimer to be signed (can you
believe it). So maybe my code will be ready for inclusion by next April
1st.

Christian