tutorial: [was: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode and taskpaper]

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: tutorial: [was: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode and taskpaper]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:36:14 +0200 (CEST)

--- Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> what would be
> Emacs without its tutorial?  A closed door.
>
> So I believe this would be a *huge* benefit for Org
> to have its own tutorial.

Is it an april fool?  <[°]=,=<
Let's assume it isn't.

I disagree since I belive the manual is already
written as a tutorial. Let's surf the TOC (Table of
Content):

+ It begins with the introduction, the basic .emacs
  lines to use Org-Mode
+ then it describes the use of Org-Mode as outline
+ then tables
+ then hyperlinks
+ TODO
+ tags

I think that a newbie is guided from the easy use to
exploitation of the more advanced features of
Org-Mode:
properties, finer agenda views etc...

Moreover "The OrgMode tutorial by David O'Toole"
on the  worg site is not enough?

> Because yes, beginners might be frightened
> by the size of
> the manual,

 (-:   Newbies may only be   /lazy/ and do not   :-)
 (-:   want to spend time in reading the manual   :-)

> by the simple act of asking something on
> this list,

    (-:   So what? Let them grew up,       :-)
     :-)  become brave and ask questions!  :-)

I mean, I personally asked some _really_ silly
questions here: e.g. I sought for help regarding a
bug,
 but the problem was that *I* wrote badly  the
"#+LINK: " line and  Carsten replied very promptly
and extremly kindly.

I think that everybody in this list is really gentle,
helpful,  constructive, handy, supportive.

> or by
> spending time looking for the right information on
> Org websites.

Perhaps we (not so newbie users) shall
+ try to organise the various sorces of documentation
  EmacsWiki, orgmode.org, worg ...
  in a more clear way
+ fill the page of the tutorials at the worg site

On the other hand if somebzg ;) will write a tutorial
as clear, readable and enlightning, like you did with
column views [terrific!], I will suggest every
newbie to read it.

Cheers,
Giovanni

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità,
consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/