Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using column view on a sparse tree displaying only a f

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using column view on a sparse tree displaying only a few tags.
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:28:32 +0200

On Apr 3, 2008, at 10:54 PM, Jose Robins wrote:
Thanks Bernt, that works!
However the only thing is that I've defined COLUMNS for the whole file using the #+COLUMNS keyword at the top of the file. I guess those properties are not being considered in the column view on the agenda buffer. It comes up with the default column properties.... I guess the only way is to redefine the standard column properties, so that the column properties that I want are displayed in the agenda view as well...

This is now fixed.  Column view in the agenda will now use the column format
appropriate for the entry at point, or for the first entry in the agenda
view.  I.e. it will go back to the original buffer and take the format from
a property, a COLUMNS line, or, if these fail, from the default set in
org-columns-default-format'.

This change is up in the git repo.

- Carsten

thanks,
Jose

Bernt Hansen wrote:
Jose Robins <address@hidden> writes:

Let's say I have a org tree with some tasks tagged with the keyword ":today:".
Now I do a sparse tree matching the today tag and this would limit the display
to only items with tag "today".

Tag your tasks with :today: then do an agenda view tag match for today

C-c a 1 m today RET

Tag inheritance will control if subtasks are included or not.

Now if I would like to do a column view on that sparse tree by doing C-c C-x
C-c. However this does not seem to limit the column display to only the
headlines with the tag "today".  Is it possible to achieve what I'm trying to
do? Is there any way to filter out (i.e hide) headlines in the column view
based on some criteria?

Then C-c C-x C-c in the agenda view

HTH,
Bernt