[Orgmode] Re: Problem with agenda file list

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with agenda file list
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:06:57 +0200

Dan Griswold <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I've encountered a strange problem with the org-agenda-files
> variable.
>
> When I start up org-mode (which I do from my .emacs) the following
> unsavory events happen:
>
>   1. org-agenda-files is set to only the first file in the list;
>   2. custom-set-variables is set to just org-agenda-files (blowing
>      away all other customizations);
>   3. custom-set-variables and custom-set-faces are written to .emacs,
>      even if custom-file is set to a different file name (as in my
>      setup).

I've encountered problems 2) and 3). The latter can be fixed by loading
custom-file before org, and i had to explicitly set the value of
org-agenda-files in custom-set-variables to get the value i want.

I put all my customizations in separate files and rarely use
custom-set-{variables, faces}. It'd be nice if org offered the option of
*not* writing any customization back (i was specially puzzled by its
overwriting some of my faces, which i manage using color-theme) and be
totally customizable using elisp outside the customize interface. That's
already almost the case: all may other elisp settings for org work
nicely. IMHO, custom-set-{variables, faces} should be modified only
when *explicitly* requested by the user, either by using customize or
manually editing custom-file.

Cheers,
jao
--
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"
 -Yogi Berra, baseball coach.