Re: Ted Roden: Re: [Orgmode] message: links

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: Ted Roden: Re: [Orgmode] message: links
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:20:58 +0200

Hi Nick,

thanks for forwarding, and thanks for answering to Ted's question.  I really appreciate if people do this as much as possible and in this way save me work.

As additional info:

A recent version of Org will also contain the module org-mac-message.el
(written by no other than John Wiegley) which will implement following message links just like Ted did.  In addition to this, it will allow you to create a link to the currently active message in Mail.app.  I use this to create links to emails with remember templates.  I have an "e" template defined like this.

("Emailtask" ?e "* TODO %?\n  %(org-mac-message-get-link)" "~/org/gtd.org" "Tasks" nil)

It will create a remember buffer that already contains a link to that message.

- Carsten