Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:57:40 -0400

Hi Daniel and the list --

On Tue, 13 May 2008 21:12:13 -0700
Daniel M German <address@hidden> wrote:

> I got everything to work, except that the link that it is passed to
> remember contains a %3A instead of :: (i.e. http%3A//slashdot.org/)

I'm afraid this is way beyond my expertise. I know only that "3A" is
the hex code for a colon, so at some point the colon that exists in
the url in the browser is translated into the hex code. I don't know
whether that translation happens in the javascript processing or what.
I'm using firefox/fedora, and things work well. (I'm not a programmer,
not even a hacker [in the good sense]. More of a tweaker.) So I'm afraid
I'm not any help here.

More response to you and Carsten about documenting/publishing this
later (today, I hope).

--John

--
John Rakestraw