Re: [Orgmode] org-annotation-helper

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-annotation-helper
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:28:07 +0200

On May 18, 2008, at 11:38 PM, John Rakestraw wrote:

Hi Dan, Carsten, Alan and others --

Dan, thanks for following up on this.

Carsten, I'm happy to have this added to the contrib/lisp directory.
However, I really shouldn't be listed in the code as an author.

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

Bastien
did the initial adaptations of the code from the emacs-planner list. I
sent it to the list in response to Dan's query, but I think the only
tweak I added to the code (it's been months, so I'm not sure) was to
comment out one line that seemed redundant to me. These other guys are
the coders.

Alan, just to reinforce Dan's encouragement -- I remember being a
little puzzled when I first tried to set this up, but the perseverance
was well worth it -- it's been a great tool to get annotated links into
an org file collection. You're right, there are three bits of code --
the bookmarklets added to your browser, the shell script that Dan
calls the handler, and the org-annotation-helper.el module. Then you
have your org-remember template, but you don't even have to write that
-- just use Dan's. To set it all up, just work through Dan's
step-by-step listed in the commentary on the code. It's not nearly as
complicated as you might think -- and you can come back with particular questions if you encounter problems. (Don't mean to be pushy or glib --
just a satisfied user....)

--John

Hi,

I have now added this file to the contrib/lisp directory.  If
any of the authors does not agree with thi, please let me know.

- Carsten