Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-annotation-helper

From: Daniel M German
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-annotation-helper
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 02:18:50 -0700

 >> How do you use this ? when I call it it just opens up the remember
 >> buffer and asks me for a template.

 John> Right. If you have a remember template defined appropriately (Dan gives
 John> an example of his in his code that you could use after very minor
 John> modification), then the different elements of what you've snatched from
 John> the web page (URL, page title, and text copied from the page) into
 John> their proper place for filing away in the org file designated in the
 John> template.

John is right. You need to read the org manual on templates, so you can
define your own.  It is imperative. the template specifies the data you
want to use (region == highlighted text, link is the URL + title). BTW,
I store the region is a temp buffer *org-ann* where you can get it
directly if needed (current region is the last use of the module). I
don't delete the previous copies (for debugging purposes now, but I'll
probably do it in the next release).

--dmg

http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/