[Orgmode] Re: Converting lists to todo items and back

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Converting lists to todo items and back
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:54:17 -0400

> Org has these:
>
> C-c *      can turn an item into a headline.
>
> However, the heading will always be a subheading of the nearest
> heading above,
> so to convert your list, you should start from te end.
>

> C-c -      can turn an headline into an item
>
> `C-c -' will also take an active region and turn each line into an item.
>
> My personal solution fo things like this usually is  keyboard macro.
> For example, in this case

Thanks for the feedback :).  I wasn't aware of the C-c - and C-c * key
bindings.  I think I need to review the org-mode manual every quarter or
something - there's so much useful stuff in org-mode!

I ended up using a regexp replacement for converting my lists which
turned out to be pretty easy.

Sorry for the noise.

-Bernt