Fwd: [Orgmode] firefox urls

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Fwd: [Orgmode] firefox urls
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 13:08:54 +1000

Thank you for the help.  I can see the light, at the end of the tunnel.  Close, but no cigar.  yet.

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Daniel M German <address@hidden> wrote:

Check the new release. It contains a FAQ with a list of things you can
do to debug your configuration.

I don't know where to look for the new release.  I downloaded the same one, and followed the instructions as close as I could to *the letter*.  Here are some of the stumbling blocks I discovered.  I was so close, I tweaked a number of things, but none of them got the whole thing to work.

  -  In the code, the function is called "bmg/org-annotation-helper".  Am I correct to delete the "bmg/"?

 -  I put the script into /usr/local/sbin.  I am using Ubuntu 8.04.  It would have helped me to know the correct name of the script.  I ended up putting two copies---remember and org-annotation-remember.  The script code itself suggests that the name would be the latter---org-annotation-remember---while the explanation SORT OF seemed to suggest it would be called remember.  May I ask what it should be?

  -  when setting up Firefox using "about:config" is the name of the program supposed to be the name of the script, or the name of the emacs function?

  - the bookmarklet code was broken with a "\" and a bunch of "%20"s.    That threw me.  But when I deleted the %20\%20 and some more un-needed %20s, the behavior of the browser changed, and started asking me for the name of a program.

  -  I haven't found an FAQ, but I found the instructions in the file helpful.  A few more words would have clarified the above points, perhaps.

Thank you again.
 Alan

-dmg
Daniel M. German