Re: [Orgmode] can't get source code editing working

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] can't get source code editing working
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 00:33:10 +0200

On May 25, 2008, at 10:04 PM, Dan Davison wrote:
I agree, this sounds great. I was just about to start trying to combine org and latex usage in any case. However I'm being dense. I've done git pull && make && make install, and I have org-version equal to 6.04b. OK so far, right? Now I create an org file containing

* section 1
 #+BEGIN_SRC latex
 \log p(z|x,\theta)
 #+END_SRC
* section 2
 #+BEGIN_SRC r
 xor <- function(a,b) (a | b) & !(a & b)
 #+END_SRC
* section 3
 #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (defun org-xor (a b)
 "Exclusive or."
 (if a (not b) b))
 #+END_SRC

but despite repeated invocations of /C-c '/ and org-edit-special and org-edit-src-example, with point in various places, I haven't brought up a narrowed buffer in the requested mode. Instead I get C-c ' can do nothing useful here. (from C-c ' and org-edit-special) and silence from org-edit-src-example

The #+begin and #+end lines must start in column 0,
you have whitespace in front of them.

If you load the org-mtags.el module, you can also use
a Muse-like syntax:

  <src lang="latex">

  </src>

these may be indented.