Re: [Orgmode] ITEM in column view in the agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ITEM in column view in the agenda
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 06:06:52 +0200

On May 29, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 07:49:20AM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On May 29, 2008, at 1:09 AM, Adam Spiers wrote:

Works great!  FYI, I have org-columns-default-format set to:

%TODO %PRIORITY %40ITEM(Task) %Effort(ETC){:} %CLOCKSUM(Taken){:}
%TAGS(Tags)

I noticed one tiny thing which could be improved - links are rendered
as their raw text.  I guess this will be slightly tricky to handle
since in many cases the text of the link will end up being truncated
by the %40 - but it would be VERY cool if it was handled gracefully,
e.g. by truncating with ellipses.

I cannot have links shown with parts hidden, because column view already
uses display properties, and I don't think you can nest display
properties.

Hrm :-(

Ellipses could be done, but so far I opted against is because you
will loose even more characters.  Maybe it is actually better to
make sure the user knows that some characters have been
removed......  OK, done.

Hmm, you have a point about losing characters.  I'm not sure what's
best here.

I am now using 2 dots as ellipses, you can customize with with the variable
org-columns-ellipses.

But now I get an error when entering column view:

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten