Re: [Orgmode] automatically jumping to stored note location

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] automatically jumping to stored note location
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:53:07 +0100

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 07:16:21AM +0200, Dominik, C. wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> I have now implemented this feature, exactly as ordered :-),
> with %&.

Woohoo!  Awesome, thanks - I have wanted that one for a long time :-)
Seems to work great.  I have three comments/questions related to this
and similar org-remember details:

  1) Ideally %& would preserve the position of the point within the
     template when it arrives in the final destination.  This is
     particularly important if a template has all three of %? %! and
     %&, otherwise %? is effectively ignored when %! and %& are
     present.

  2) It doesn't seem possible to set up a template so that it will
     always insert at the very top of a particular file.  I really
     miss that, since I keep most TODOs at the top level, and I like
     a "newest first" view by default when not in the agenda.

  3) I am a bit confused by the 'Selection interface for heading' 5th
     option of a remember template.  It doesn't seem to have any
     effect - how is it supposed to interact with
     `org-remember-store-without-prompt'?

Thanks again!