[Orgmode] Re: GFDL with cover texts

From: Seb
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: GFDL with cover texts
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:17:43 +0000 (UTC)

On 2008-06-10, Dominik, C. <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would be happy to dual-license the manual.  Does anyone know what
> piece of text I would have to put there?  Does anyone know if the
> GFDL prohbits me, the author, to add GPL as a second free license?
> I sure hope not.
> [...]
> To be honest, I have absolutely no clue what it means, and it was
> not my intention to restrict use of the manual in any way when I put
> it under the GFDL.  Back then I must have thought that this simply
> it the proper thing to use for documentation.

The GFDL itself is fine, it's the use of Invariant Sections, Cover
Texts, etc that make it not-free as far as Debian is concerned.

But anyway, if you're the sole author, you can definitely move to a
GPL+GFDL dual-license when you so please, but I guess I still need to
add that IANAL...

Cheers,

--Seb