Re: [Orgmode] Re: GFDL with cover texts

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: GFDL with cover texts
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:51:15 +0200

Hi Sebastian,

On Jun 11, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Seb wrote:

On 2008-06-10, Dominik, C. <address@hidden> wrote:
I would be happy to dual-license the manual.  Does anyone know what
piece of text I would have to put there?  Does anyone know if the
GFDL prohbits me, the author, to add GPL as a second free license?
I sure hope not.
[...]
To be honest, I have absolutely no clue what it means, and it was
not my intention to restrict use of the manual in any way when I put
it under the GFDL.  Back then I must have thought that this simply
it the proper thing to use for documentation.

The GFDL itself is fine, it's the use of Invariant Sections, Cover
Texts, etc that make it not-free as far as Debian is concerned.

But anyway, if you're the sole author, you can definitely move to a
GPL+GFDL dual-license when you so please, but I guess I still need to
add that IANAL...

I don't know what this last sentence means.

ALso, can you point me to an example of the text that I would have to insert to make you and Debian happy?

Thanks.

- Carsten