[Orgmode] Re: Expanding highlighted nodes

From: T . Short
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Expanding highlighted nodes
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:48:07 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <dominik <at> uva.nl> writes:

> On Jun 23, 2008, at 7:50 PM, T. Short wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to expand highlighted nodes? I really like the tags
> > tree (C-c \)
> > and the TODO tree (C-c C-v). After either of these, I'd like to expand
> > everything under the highlighted nodes.
>
> Not really.  You might want to look into the new mapping API which
> would make it easy
> to implement something like this.

Here's a way to expand highlighted areas that works with C-c \ and C-c C-v and
other highlighted sparse trees:

(defun org-expand-highlights ()
"Expand (cycle) highlighted tree nodes"
  (interactive)
  (dolist (highlight org-occur-highlights)
    (goto-char (overlay-start highlight))
    (org-cycle)))

Note that I barely know emacs lisp, so this may be clumsy. It appears to work
well enough for me. It does leave the node following highlighted.

- ts