Re: [Orgmode] CSS and cascading

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] CSS and cascading
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:16:49 +0200

On Jun 26, 2008, at 9:45 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:

I am no CSS expert but as I understand the 'cascade' -- C in the CSS -- is used so that one can compose a style piecemeal from simpler styles. If I use the suggestions of incorporating CSS given in the org manual in the CSS support of HTML export (section 12.5.5) the new CSS replaces the old.

I think this is a reasonable expectation. While it is good that the user can replace the entire style info or point to a css file, I agree that there should also be a possibility to add to the default style specifications.

I have just implemented a new variable `org-export-html-style-extra' that can be used for this purpose. The text in the new variable will be spliced into the style, just before the </style> tag. Note that if you use the org-export-html-style variable to refer to a .css style *file*, org-export-html-style-extra will be ignored.

- Carsten