[Orgmode] possible Bug in export-Region-as-HTML

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: [Orgmode] possible Bug in export-Region-as-HTML
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:33:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hello everyone,

Org-mode version 6.05b
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE

I think I found a bug in the org-export-region-as-html function
(or, perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of the function)

---------- org file: ----------
#+TITLE:
#+AUTHOR:
#+EMAIL:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
skip:t p:nil

* first
hi
** 2nd
hello
*** 3rd
it's me!
**** 4th
bye! . .<- cursor there

* this one no!
------------------------
If I select the region from the first heading, i.e. C-SPC on
the * of "* first", and to the point between the 2 full stops
(on line 14, column 6, you can either do M-w or not),
then C-c C-e S-R, to export only the selected region,
the exporter

1. exports the first heading as the title of the HTML file
2. exports "first" as the first heading
   but does *not* export the text "hi"
3. does not use <h2 > for defining the second level
   i.e. "2nd"  , but <h3>

I attach the two files:
region.html (exported region)
and all.html (all the document),
unfortunately I cannot run diff here in XP :-(

cheers,
Giovanni

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina

first

1 2nd

hello

1.1 3rd

it's me!

1.1.1 4th

bye! .

Date: 2008/07/22 16.05.

HTML generated by org-mode 6.05b in emacs 22

1 first

hi

1.1 2nd

hello

1.1.1 3rd

it's me!

1.1.1.1 4th

bye! . .<- cursor there

2 this one no!

Date: 2008/07/22 16.05.

HTML generated by org-mode 6.05b in emacs 22