[Orgmode] Displaying column titles in column view

From: Steven E. Harris
Subject: [Orgmode] Displaying column titles in column view
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:28:58 -0400

The section on Column Attributes in the org manual¹ mentions that one
can define a title for a column to be used as the "header
text". Following Egli Christian's example², I defined a column format in
a properties drawer as follows:

,----
| :COLUMNS: %40ITEM(Task) %Effort(Estimated Effort){+}
`----

If I make a tree of tasks and inclued an "Effort" property in each,
entering Column Mode behaves mostly as expected; I can edit the two
attributes for each of the tasks situated beneath that properties
drawer.

One thing I see in the images³ related to the aforementioned example is
a header across the top of the column view with the column titles as
defined in the format property above. No such header appears when I
enter Column Mode here.

Is there a special incantation to make the header visible?

Footnotes:
¹ http://orgmode.org/manual/Column-attributes.html
² http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/5107/focus=5134
³ http://cache.gmane.org//gmane/emacs/orgmode/5134-004.bin