[Orgmode] Deadlines with Time

From: Florian Beck
Subject: [Orgmode] Deadlines with Time
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 00:43:27 +0200

Hi,

sometimes I want to specify a deadline with a certain time.

Without a time, there is no problem. The deadline shows up a couple of
times earlier, which is fine.

However, when I specify a time like
  DEADLINE: <2008-08-04 Mon 16:00>

this shows up in the daily agenda of Saturday like this:

               8:00...... ----------------
              10:00...... ----------------
              12:00...... ----------------
              14:00...... ----------------
              16:00...... ----------------
  Plan:       16:00...... In   2 d.:  TODO Some Task

This is not helpful, it does not belong in the timetable for today. I
want the task to show up in the agenda view, just not in the timetable.
How can I accomplish that?

Also, there is a bug when I add a timestamp to the task:

* TODO Some Task <2008-08-02 Sat 14:00>
  DEADLINE: <2008-08-04 Mon 16:00>

This is displayed thusly in the agenda view (note the wrong time on the
second occurance):

               8:00...... ----------------
  Plan:       14:00...... TODO Some Task
  Plan:       14:00...... In   2 d.:  TODO Some Task

Maybe it does not make much sense to specify a deadline after the
timestamp. Anyway, I noticed it when playing around.
--
Florian Beck