Re: [Orgmode] Command line tricks

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Command line tricks
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:06:30 +0200

Great!

...and here is a little snippet, showing how I reuse files in several
projects:

        ("TWO-inherit"
         :base-directory "~/path/ONE/"
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "css\\|js"
         :publishing-directory "~/path/TWO/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)

        ("project-TWO-notes"
         :base-directory "~/path/TWO/"
         :auto-index t
         :index-filename "sitemap.org"
         :index-title "Sitemap"
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/htdocs/TWO/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :headline-levels 3
         :auto-preamble t
         )

         ; ... etc. pp. ...

        ("project-TWO" :components ("TWO-inherit" "TWO-notes" "..."))

With this setup I only have to edit the *.css and *.js files in project
ONE, since TWO-inherit imports them.

If you use timestamps for publishing, it even works the other way around
too:

        ("ONE-inherit "
         :base-directory "~/path/TWO/"
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "css\\|js"
         :publishing-directory "~/path/ONE/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)

Now it doesn't matter anymore which stylesheet you change.

:-)

- Sebastian