[Orgmode] date marking with (org-diary)

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] date marking with (org-diary)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:45:21 +0200

Hi all,

I was recently playing around with marking org agenda items in the
calendar using (org-diary) in the diary file. I encountered a problem
already described by Wanrong Lin some time ago (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg05839.html).
Unfortunately no answers were given to his original request so here it
comes again:

Including agenda items into the diary with '&%%(org-diary ...' is
something I personally find pretty useless as the dates of those items
are not fontified in the calendar. Using '%%(org-diary ...' would be
fine but the entries to use (':scheduled', ':todo' aso) cannot be
limited any further. This not only leads to unacceptable delays while
calendar tries to fontify its buffer but also to a calendar with nearly
everyday marked. My intent was to mark dates with appointments only (I
have scheduled items, todos etc. nearly everyday so there's no need to
mark them). In my case this means that (org-diary) would need to
distinct between different TODO keywords. However, filtering based on
tags or date/time formats would be fine, too.

My question now is: Is there currently any way to achieve such a
filtering with (org-diary)? And if not, are there any plans to enhance
(org-diary) in that direction?

Regards,

Ulf