Re: [Orgmode] Moving Subtree Weirdness

From: Stephan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Moving Subtree Weirdness
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:34:27 +0200

Hi Scott,

for me it works like intended.
Perhaps you're confusing the keystrokes:

M-S-<down> does not mean
Meta-Shift-s <down>
but
Meta-Shift-<down>
i.e. the capital S denotes the Shift key.
Then you just have to press two keys with the left hand...

hth,
        Stephan

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:46:34 -0400
From: address@hidden
Subject: [Orgmode] Moving Subtree Weirdness
To: "[Orgmode]" <address@hidden>

Here is something weird. When I move a subtree using M-S-<up> or M-S-<down>, the content of the first section of the subtree becomes centered.

* Subtree
** Section 1
Content 1
** Section 2
Content 2

changes to

* Subtree
** Section 1
                     Content 1
** Section 2
Content 2

It is as if M-s was used on the 'Content 1' line.

I find this annoying and inconvenient so I don't use these commands to move subtrees. I haven't tested the other subtree moving commands. Anyway, M-S-<up>/<down> requires me to press three keys at the same time with my left hand, so not using those commands is no big deal.

Scott Randby