[Orgmode] Re: org-refile gets the level wrong

From: Trey Jackson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-refile gets the level wrong
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:29:48 -0700

Bernt wrote:
 >I think this is expected behaviour.  Your startup options are
 >conflicting.  You normally have only one of showstarts or hidestars
 >since their settings are mutually exclusive.  You also only have one of
 >odd or oddeven.  I think the last encountered setting wins so your
 >startup options are equivalent to
 >
 >#+STARTUP: hidestars oddeven

Duh.

FWIW, I was blindly cut/pasting from the *info* pages, which says:
(section: 14.5 A cleaner outline view)

,----------------
|   2. _Hiding leading stars_
|      You can modify the display in such a way that all leading stars
|      become invisible.  To do this in a global way, configure the
|      variable `org-hide-leading-stars' or change this on a per-file
|      basis with
|
|           #+STARTUP: showstars
|           #+STARTUP: hidestars
`----------------

When I actually read it, it's obvious, but given the context, I think it'd
be better to have the docs read something like:

  2. _Hiding leading stars_
     You can modify the display in such a way that all leading stars
     become invisible.  To do this in a global way, configure the
     variable `org-hide-leading-stars' or add this line to top of the file:

          #+STARTUP: hidestars

     Note that the opposite behavior is selected with 'showstars'.

TJ

--
Trey Jackson
address@hidden

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer,
 for chaos and madness await thee at its end."
-- #2 of the Ten Commandments for C programmers