Re: [Orgmode] Command line tricks

From: Pete Phillips
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Command line tricks
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:31:36 +0100

    Russell> In my ~/.bashrc, I have defined an alias for Org that runs:

    Russell> emacs -nw --funcall org-agenda-list

    Russell> Which pulls up Org in the agenda view, which is where I
    Russell> wanted to be in the first place!

Hmm - is there any way to get the same functionality with emacsclient ?

I'd like to be able to set up a shell alias to pull up a new frame or
reuse the current one with the agenda listing in (and of course, to do
other cool stuff).

I have tried

  /usr/bin/emacsclient.emacs-snapshot -f org-agenda-list

but it turns out -f isn't supported by emacsclient.

Pete

BTW - any of you using gnome-do ?  It is apparently based on
quicksilver. Because it remembers common keystrokes, if you regularly
use a particular command, say a bash script 'agenda', then running
something like

<super><space>ag

will run the shell script for you from anywhere. It is pretty cool. See

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo