Re: [Orgmode] Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:13:01 -0400

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

> I have to use Office and envy folks that can link to their emails
> (Gnus, VM etc.) and contacts (bbdb) from Org mode.  So I was looking
> around and found that links to Outlook items (emails, meetings,
> contacts etc.)  of the form "Outlook:<GUID>" can be stored and opened
> from other applications.  The links can be created (copied to
> clipboard) using "Outlook Linker" utility as described in [1].

(w32-shell-execute "open" "outlook:blahblah") should do what you need.
The tricky part is getting the GUID into Emacs (requires gratis but
proprietary utility you link to).

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |