[Orgmode] Logging time stamp and notes

From: Yann Tambouret
Subject: [Orgmode] Logging time stamp and notes
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:43:04 -0400

I think this feature is available, but I can't seem to find it in the manual. I'd like to write a note similar to a closing note:

  CLOSED: [2008-08-19 Tue 09:07]
  - CLOSING NOTE [2008-08-19 Tue 09:07] \\
    Done and done

But I'd like it to be unrelated to a changing of the todo state. Something like:

   - NOTE [2008-08-19 Tue 09:07] \\
    Still waiting on Jim for the files...

I'd use it both from the agenda view and the plain org file. Could this be done with remember? Have an interactive heading and file, which defaults to a sub tree of the current location. This would make the remember note an actual heading though and not a bullet or dash.

Any thoughts, hints or advice?

Thanks,

Yann