[Orgmode] Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 30, Issue 39

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 30, Issue 39
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:08:44 -0700

On Tuesday, August 26, at 19:57, Stephan Schmitt wrote:
 > Eric Schulte wrote:
 > > On Tuesday, August 26, at 14:36, Sebastian Rose wrote:
 > >  > The buffer is modified after C-M-g and emacs asks if I want to save it.
 > >
 > > That is certainly something to figure out.
 > >

 > This happens already if you press tab with the cursor
 > located inside a table, so this is probably an org issue.

I had been using tab `org-cycle' in some cases to position the cursor
on selected columns, so that is probably the cause.

 > Eric, did you know that Carsten provided a function called
 > org-table-to-lisp in org-6.06b?  I think with this you can
 > refactor your code to be more modular and thus better
 > maintainable and extensible.

I was not aware of that function.  It should certainly help, both in
cleaning up the code, and hopefully removing the reliance on
`org-cycle'.  Using `org-table-to-lisp' should also eliminate the 'Not
in table data field' error that Sebastian mentioned.  Thanks -- Eric

--
schulte