Re: [Orgmode] FR: Columnview Tables & Formulas

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: Columnview Tables & Formulas
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:44:53 +0200

On Sep 8, 2008, at 1:34 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:

No, not yet - but with the recently implemented mapping functions, it
would not be so hard. Nice extension! Anyone interested in trying to
write it?

- Carsten

I second that it would be very nice to be able to specify calc/elisp
functions to be applied to property values before dumping the results to
tables.  I run IR experiments, and dump the results to org-mode
formatted text files with individual runs as subtrees and specific
values stored as properties of those trees, I then use column tables to
collect these values into tables which I plot with org-plot.  It would
be nice to be able to preserve #+PLOT lines for these tables as well as
apply formulas to the tables. -- Eric

I can certainly preserve the #+PLOT and #+TBLFM lines when updating a column view capture. That is easy. Lets start with that and see if that turns out to be enough. I am pushing a change which does this, and which will even automatically reapply the formulas when the capture dblock is updated.

- Carsten