[Orgmode] Top-level headers in org-sparse-tree

From: Iris Jackson
Subject: [Orgmode] Top-level headers in org-sparse-tree
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:06:01 -0400

Hi,

I recently started using org mode and I really like it.  I have a single file that contains all information about a project like TODOs, project specs, user documentation, development notes, etc.  For example, the way I generate the project specs is to first create a sparse tree matching on the tag I assigned to the specs, then HTML exporting it.

The problem I encountered is that org-tags-sparse-tree shows top-level headers even if they don't contain the selected tag.  Is there a simple way to turn that off?  For example, if I have a top level section called "Bugs", and it does not contain the "project spec" tag, then I don't want it to show up in the result :-)

I think this functionality is controlled by org-make-tags-matcher on line 9382 of org.el (version 6.06b), but this function is too intimidating for me to try to change it.

Please advise.  Thanks!