Re: [Orgmode] About diary and time tracking

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] About diary and time tracking
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:29:56 +0200

Hi Rustom,

On Aug 4, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:

I gather (dont recall exactly from where) that there are alternatives
to using the builtin emacs diary (Subsection: Calendar Diary
Integration in Section Agenda views).

the main alternative is to use the Org scheduling possibilities, and to include diary sexp entries directly into Org files.

Likewise I think Carsten has written somewhere that the time tracking
setup of Sacha Chua at
http://sachachua.com/wp/2007/12/30/clocking-time-with-emacs-org/
has largely been incorporated into later versions of org.

This mainly referes to the following:

1. You can request that clocking in an entry will switch its TODO state, see the variable org-`clock-in-switch-to-state'

2. The clock time tables accept a ":step" parameter that allows to split the report into steps like days or weeks.

HTH

- Carsten