Re: [Orgmode] {Feature Request] Categories in icalendar export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] {Feature Request] Categories in icalendar export
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:52:13 +0200

Hi Charles,

On Sep 7, 2008, at 9:29 PM, Charles philip Chan wrote:

That would be possible, however, I think this is not a stable feature. How can you make sure the the corresponding tag is always the first in
your list of tags?

For those syncing with a Palm device, it is up to us to make sure the
first tag is the category we want. The first tag thing is only a Pilot
limitation since Palm's brain dead apps only allows one category per
record (thus Kpilot, and I believe Gnome Pilot, only syncs the first
category). For programs that can understand icalendar directly (and have
multi-categories support) or can sync multi-categories, the categories
can be used as filters for different lists.

If I have a ree like this:

* one                                                                   :a:b:
** two                                                                  :c:d:
*** three                                                               :e:f:

then the "three" heading has the tags a,b,e,d,e,f

Which one should be first in the categories?  "e"?  or "a"?

- Carsten