[Orgmode] #+LATEX_PREAMBLE

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] #+LATEX_PREAMBLE
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 00:09:22 -0400

Carsten and org-ers--

I have a feature request related to \LaTeX export.  I know that we can
set up custom \documentclass declarations in org-export-latex-classes,
and that each of these can contain arbitrary preamble information along
with the \documentclass{} declaration.  I also know that the preamble
can be further customized using file local variables to set
org-export-latex-append-header.  These two solutions can seem relatively
heavyweight when one just wants to add a new \usepackage{} declaration
to the preamble of a specific file.

Any chance we could have a mechanism to add single line declarations to
the preamble of the exported tex file using the #+FOO syntax?  I would
really love to be able to do something like

#+LATEX_PREAMBLE:  \usepackage{pstricks}
#+LATEX_PREAMBLE:  \usepackage{Sweave}

at the top of a file and have each of those lines inserted before the
\begin{document} line of the exported tex file.  I think for readability
and flexibility the possibility of having multiple declarations would be
really nice, but I could certainly live with

#+LATEX_PREABMLE:  "\\usepackage{pstricks}\n\\usepackage{Sweave}"

if that were easier to implement.

Thanks for considering it,
/au

--