Re: [Orgmode] Re: inline images

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: inline images
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 05:34:59 +0200

Hi Felipe,

did ever try `M-x tumme' alias `M-x image-dired' ???

Displays thumbnails. And there is a possibility to annotate
files (does NOT write EXIF data):

Just press `c' and enter your comments. When ever you select
that image in the thumbnail window (or in dired even??) therafter,
the comment will show up again in the minibuffer.

You may even tag your images (`tt'), remove images from the
thumbnail-view (e.g. to sort them out to find a decision)
and more.

Hmm - emacs has some support for images, but I think it's not the ideal
environment for organising them yet.

How about some programm, that is able to handle a fair amount of
images and has features for organising them? They all create thumbnails
automatically and support tagging, anotations, editing, creation of
HTML-slideshows and and and...

I simply use http://gthumb.sourceforge.net/features.html.

Best Regards,

  - Sebastian

Felipe Csaszar wrote:
Lindsay Todd <rltodd.ml1 <at> gmail.com> writes:

It would also be useful if you could specify the size of the image.
I'd like to use org-mode to organize pictures that I want to use for
LaTeX documents -- see the image, as well as the copyright info, etc.
But an image suitable for a presentation is way, way too large for
inline inclusion.  Yet having to manually build thumbnail images
misses the point of easy organization!

A nice way to solve this would be to add a few customizable variables to iimage:

- iimage-max-size-x: do not display image is width > N
- iimage-max-size-y: do not display image is height > N
- iimage-scale-if-oversize: if non-nil, re-scale oversized image so that it fits
within iimage-max-size-x and iimage-max-size-y

Just my two cents.  Best,

Felipe