Re: [Orgmode] Re: custom commands 'todo-tree' and org-agenda-skip-functi

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: custom commands 'todo-tree' and org-agenda-skip-function
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 18:36:35 +0200

On Oct 1, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Vladi Solutka wrote:

Hi!

Carsten Dominik <dominik <at> uva.nl> writes:

I'm currently playing with org-agenda-custom-commands and noticed that
skipping scheduled entries does not work for todo-trees.

Example: The following works fine for 'todo', but with 'todo-tree'
(as used here) scheduled entries are also shown.

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands '(("x" "Open" todo-tree "TODO"
    ((org-agenda-skip-function (lambda nil (org-agenda-skip-entry-if
    'scheduled 'deadline)))))))

Is this intended?

Maybe not intended, but the tree commands are using a completely
separate implementation (the sparse-tree engine. You can specify tree
commands in agenda-custom-commands as shortcuts, but really they have
nothing to do with the agenda engine.  And it is that engine which
implements skipping.

Oh, ok, I see :-| This wasn't clear to me from the manual - thanks for
clarification!

Hm. Thou I nearly don't dare to ask: Are there any chances or plans that
skipping in the sparse-tree will be implemented?

Not likely in the near future. You can do some hacking by using org- occur and the callback argument, but I think for complex searching the agenda is where the future likes. I think of sparse trees more like a quick-look tool.

Anyway, thanks for orgmode :-)))))

You're welcome.

- Carsten

--- \\/ladi