[Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:13:42 -0400

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

>   On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>   [snip]
>   > This works for me.  I added
>   >
>   > #+FILETAGS: :Personal:
>   >
>   > to the top of one of my org files, hit C-c C-c on the line to
>   > reinitialize and then match tags with Personal as the target with
>   >
>   > C-c a m Personal RET
>   >
>   > and it lists all of the tasks in my org file including top-level tasks.
>   > The tasks do now show :Personal: in the display but using T on any tasks
>   > shows the tag is inherited.
>   >
>   > I hit T on a task 4 levels deep and it includes the Personal tag.
>   >
>   > It also works with
>   >
>   > #+FILETAGS: Personal
>
> Thanks Bernt.  It works this way for me as well.  I guess I should be
> able to mimic similar behaviour by restricting agenda to that specific
> buffer as well.
>
> But does it (task filtering based on tags using "/") work while you
> are in agenda view?

Yes this works for me.  / TAB <tagname> works even if tagname is not in
org-tag-alist.  Some of my (new) FILETAGS are still in my org-tag-alist
so I can just filter with the quick-keys but for the ones that are not
the / TAB <tagname> works fine.

I tested this with C-a a t to show all my todo keyword tasks without
scheduled dates and then used / to filter that list down to some
specific FILETAG tagname.

-Bernt